Aqua-Guard offers full on-site training and commissioning services designed to help you lessen the impact and incurred costs in the event of an oil spill... [ more ]
Aqua-Guard’s Permanent Protection Solutions for Ports and Harbours
Posted on January 22, 2016 by Ron Howard | 2307 Views
Over the past 25 years, Aqua-Guard has supplied & installed over 100,000 metres of its Harbourflex Permanent Oil Containment Boom to more than 30 countries worldwide
Aqua-Guard's permanent booming systems continue to be a popular choice among our long established customers as well as first time users.
Customers & applications include:
- port authorities (port protection security and spill control)
- petrochemical terminals (containment of spills)
- waste-water treatment plants (containment of accidental discharge)
- marine parks (protection barrier)
- power plants and desalination plants (water intake protection)
- debris barriers (protection from any type of floating debris)
- marinas (containment of accidental spills)
- separation ponds (concentration of surface oil)
With such a myriad of applications, Aqua-Guard's Harbourflex Containment Boom stands out as a world leader in permanent marine protection.
Recently, Aqua-Guard has supplied 1,200 metres of heavy duty 350 high tensile barrier fabric (3500 lbs/in; 625 kg/cm) to protect a wildlife sancturary. This tensile rating equates to more than 126,000 lbs or 57,000 kg based on a 36 in (91 cm) wide boom size.
Harbourflex Boom offers low maintenance and a life expectancy of over 25 years (in normal marine conditions).
The current low Canadian dollar makes Harbourflex very cost effective!
Contact Aqua-Guard to see how we can help you with your marine protection applications.
Aqua-Guard provides a range of state-of-the-the-art oil spill response solutions including the URO Skimmer System and the RBS TRITON™ range of oil skimmers—all built on Aqua-Guard’s patented RBS TRITON™ technology to deliver some of the highest efficiency and recovery rates in the industry.